Vibrant, cultured, rich in historic charm and steeped in equestrian tradition, Headwaters is home to over 23,000 horses, a network of riding trails, and world class equestrian facilities that host everything from amateur to international level competitions. Set against the backdrop of some of Ontario’s most spectacular countryside, the equestrian lifestyle is supported by charming towns, villages, hamlets and a variety of amenities that help make Headwaters a centre of equine excellence. Headwaters Horse Country was home to the equestrian events of the TO2015 PanAm Games.
Click here to view Horse Country research and reports.
Horse Country key statistics:
- 23,000+ horses in Headwaters Horse Country (HHC)
- 9 major agriculture and horse show facilities
- 4 internationally recognized event facilities
- 78% of Ontario’s horse population resides within 2 hours of Headwaters Horse Country.
- 224 boarding or breeding farms
- 2000+ horse farms in HHC
- 166 equine businesses that surround HHC
- 221 businesses in HHC that support the equine sector
- 32 associations – local, provincial and federal that support various equine disciplines
- Headwaters region was host of the equestrian events for the TO2015 PanAm Games.